Take the humble apple crumble, remove the pie and keep it slightly lighter with our version – the Apple with Crumble 🙂 If you adore apple pie, but are trying to avoid the extra sugars and calories, this one is for you. The familiar taste of apple pie will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Apple with Crumble
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple
- 5ml Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- 15ml of I Heart Granola Rose-Marries Honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Spoon out the apple from the top, twisting the spoon in a circular motion so as to remove as much of the seeds as possible
- Place the apple onto a muffin pan and pour the coconut oil into the hole
- Bake the apple for approximately 25 – 30 min (oven dependent)
- Take out the apples when they feel soft, and carefully pour out the remaining oil
- Place the apple back onto the muffin pan and add the granola into the centre hole
- Bake for another 5 min until the Granola is crispy and the flavours have seeped into the apple
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and enjoy! Best enjoyed warm.
**Optional: Add whipped cream to give the dessert a slightly more decadent taste.