Hello IHG Family, it’s Steph here 🙂
When I’m not busy figuring out the best ways to get IHG into your homes, I’m working a full time job and following my other fitness and health passions. So, whenever I get the opportunity to bake, I jump right on it. This is one of those recipes that I have been thinking about for a while, because cheese has to be one of my most favourite ingredients to bake and cook with!
Cheese is one of those ingredients that just works in both savoury and sweet dishes. This recipe is for a creamy, smooth Fridge Cheese Cake and not the Baked Cheese Cake variety, which I find has an almost a chalky texture in the mouth. If you are a fan of chocolate, I have included some additions just below this recipe to make a Choc Cheese Cake instead.
You can of course just eat cheese on its own with a glass of wine – that’s also completely acceptable 😉
Soft & Creamy Cheese Cake
- 300g Labneh soft cheese
- 250g Ricotta Cheese
- 330ml Coconut cream (refrigerated)
- 2tbs Pure Honey
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 Vanilla pod (scrape out the inside)
- 250g I Heart Granola Rose-marries Honey Flavour
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- In a blender, combine the Granola and Coconut oil so as to create a crumble for the base of your cake
- Once the crumble is well combined, press into the bottom of a spring form pan and place into the fridge
- In a large bowl whisk the rest of the ingredients excluding the coconut cream (cheese, honey, vanilla, lemon & zest), until it is smooth and silky
- The coconut cream will be used to help stabilize and set the cheese mixture, and therefore it will need to be whipped to a firm cream. In order to do this, you will need to leave the coconut cream in the fridge or freezer until the cream separates from the water.
- Using a spoon, add the coconut cream to a clean bowl – preventing the water from combining with the the cream, as the water will impact the the ability to whip up a cream texture
- Once whipped, fold the coconut cream into the cheese mixture until combined
- Take the Granola base out of the fridge and pour the cheese mixture over it, smoothing it out
- Place the pan into the fridge overnight so as to set the cheese mixture
- Remove the outer ring of the spring form pan to reveal a beautiful cheese cake
- Decorate with a sprinkle of I Heart Granola, and a variety of your favourite fruits
CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR: Make a chocolate cheese cake by adding 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into your cheese filling and swapping out this Granola flavour with the I Heart Granola Cocoa-nut Affair flavour.
This is the perfect no fuss dessert that is quick and easy to prepare, and can remain in the fridge until you are ready to decorate and serve. Add some beautiful edible flowers for that extra wow factor, and be prepared for your new role as the dessert queen!